Today is World Lipstick Day, and to me, honestly, there’s no such thing as too many lipsticks! There are always so many beautiful shades that come out every year from every brand, and I love exploring the different textures and finishes – though if you know me well, you’ll recognize my matte addiction. A good lipstick can brighten up any outfit and if it’s one that lasts too, then you’ve got a winning combination! Here’s my pick of the top 5 lipstick brands and lipsticks shades you could try:
- MAC Lady Danger Lipstick: This iconic shade from MAC is the perfect red for one of those days when you feel like a nice bold lip. Its orange-ish tones make it transition smoothly from day to night, whether you’re wearing a brunch-ready dress or a slinky black number. The best part about MAC’s Lady Danger, like most of the lipsticks in their collection is the colour payoff – just stunning on all skin shades!
- Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick: The Chanel Rouge Allure series has 18 beautiful shades from dusky pinks to glamorous reds and maroons. What I love about this collection is the exquisite packaging and the smoothness of the colour that just glides onto your lips and stays put for a long time. It comes in a metallic tube with the signature interlinked Chanel Cs, that you press to slide out the lipstick part. The lipstick is rich and velvety when you apply it. My favourite shade in the collection is the Passion, which I’ll be reviewing soon. Some might find the staying power an issue but I think everything else more than makes up for it.
- Maybelline Pink Alert Series: Sometimes a touch of pink is all it takes to make you look well put-together – I personally prefer deeper pinks rather than bubblegum, but have experimented with a lot of different shades. The Maybelline Pink Alert Series has the right pink for every woman – there are blush pinks, dusky pinks, fuschia, bubblegum – you name it, they’ve got it. With a great colour pay-off and a decent staying power for the price range, it’s perfect for use when you’re on the go.
- Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain: I was introduced to Wet n Wild through Luxola when it launched in India and the Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain was my first buy from this brand. This may not sound like a lipstick, but I love the fact that is moisturizes while giving a decent pigmentation. They come in a tube with a retractable crayon stick and have
- NYX Simply Red Lip Creams: When it comes to drugstore makeup, I am a die-hard NYX fan. The colours from the NYX Simply Red Lip Creams (are highly pigmented, and these lip creams (wearing Candy Apple in this post) have hands-down the most amazing staying power – they last for hours together, are food-and-drink proof, kiss-proof and stay dark. The only flipside would be that while it stays on, it does transfer and can make your lips flaky if you don’t moisturize them beforehand with lip balm.
These were my top 5 lipstick brands this World Lipstick Day! Do you have any favourites, or anything you want to add to the list? Let me know below 🙂 and have a World Lipstick Day that’s full of a whole new collection for your already bursting cosmetics drawer – remember, a girl can never own too many lipsticks!