So it’s time for a party, and you’re busy doing your makeup in front of the mirror. You’re getting ready to apply your foundation, when, horror of horrors! You notice your skin peeling off ever so lightly, but enough so it’s going to be noticeable. It’s peeling off your nose, off your forehead and sometimes in light flakes off your cheek. Dry skin can be really a nightmare to deal with. When it’s winter that’s when all hell seems to break loose on your skin. That tight, dry feeling is something that no amount of cream seems to help. If this sounds familiar, read on.
At times like these it might be good to consider a skin treatment for dry skin. Something that’s especially formulated for it. I recently had the chance to experience a hydration treatment, considering I’ve been having a spate of dry skin issues lately.
Heler is a newly launched skin, hair and laser clinic in the heart of Indiranagar, on CMH Road. They pride themselves on their cutting edge aesthetic technology. It is among the first in Asia to provide treatments across a complete range for skin, hair and certain health issues.
As I entered Heler, I was greeted by plush interiors done up in gold and white and a very friendly, knowledgeable staff. I also interacted with one of the doctors from their team who introduced me to the concept behind Heler. Their aim is to make the best in aesthetic treatments available to those who needed them in India. It was good to know that the doctors at Heler were handpicked across the profession for their expertise. Each has experience spanning 10-15 years.
My aesthetic dermatologist was Dr. Charu. She first took me through a thorough assessment of my skin as well as my lifestyle, and the products I currently use for my skin. I have clear, dry skin with a slightly oily T-zone (the area around your nose and forehead that forms a ‘T’ shape). More on my skincare routine soon! Dr. Charu suggested the hydration treatment as a way for me to pump more moisture into my skin and make it healthier and well hydrated.
The hydration treatment is actually a breakthrough in skin treatment for dry skin and in aesthetic treatments and it basically regulates the functions of skin. While removing dead skin cells is one aspect, the other is enriching the skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums to activate healthier skin.
The interiors of the treatment room were done up elegantly and there were various kinds of equipment in each room. The aesthetician began my treatment with the first step.
- After thoroughly removing my makeup, she used a gentle cleanser from Avène and massaged it into my skin. The products used depend on your individual skin type.
- Exfoliation and scrubbing was the next step as she used a scrub from Neutrogena to massage into my skin and get rid of the dead skin cells. My face felt super clean after these two steps.
- Then was the steaming process that opened up my pores and allowed her to clean up blackheads and whiteheads.
- Finally, there was a hydrating mask applied on to skin that was left for 10-15 minutes and then taken off. This was followed by a Vitamin C gel, which was massaged into skin gently and left on for a few minutes as well. At this point I was wondering how many more treatments would be done – it felt so pampering!
- I sank into the bed and relaxed as the aesthetician expertly massaged my face in circular movements and I felt totally rejuvenated.
The facial left my skin feeling refreshed, and made it super soft for about a week after getting the treatment. It also gave me that natural post-facial glow all of us love.
Overall, I would consider doing this every 2-3 months as I don’t prefer to get facials every single month, but I think this skin treatment for dry skin is worth giving a shot! So if you too suffer from dry skin issues, this skin treatment for dry skin will definitely help you! Dr. Charu also prescribed some skincare products from Bioderma which I will be reviewing for you soon along with telling you all about my everyday skincare routine which I’m changing up right now.
For luxury beauty, wellness, beauty trends and more, subscribe to the blog. Follow us on Instagram and Snapchat for all the behind-the-scenes fun and exclusive live updates from events, beauty reviews and more.