I’ll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour. No, seriously. Black is so – classic, so you-can-never-go-wrong, so universally flattering and elegant. Whether it’s a little black dress or a pair of form-fitting black skinnies, shiny black boots or a black trench, if I could live in black I would. There was a point when there was so much black in my closet that my mom worried I was going goth. But too much black can also get a little boring. So I’m going to show you some inspirations I have on how to wear black and still stand out! Read on.
- This outfit makes a sleek black sweater dress interesting by adding in a stack of punk-look bracelets, boots and fishnet stockings for a very ‘now’ look.
- The well-tailored flared trousers make this look chic and the sweater adds a texture contrast – plus you can always accessorize with a sling bag in a different colour.
- A berry-toned lipstick and those lovely minimalistic gold earrings complete this all-black outfit that has so many different textures and styles going to it.
- The white tee breaks the black but the black and white sketch on the tee makes it pair perfectly with the leather jacket and black skinnies. The pop of blue on the shoes adds interest too.
- If you don’t want to wear black from head-to-toe, you don’t have to! Accessorize with shoes and a bag of a different colour, you can even match those two colours like in this outfit. Easy and super stylish.
- You can never go wrong with a black leather jacket. Add a touch of sport to your look with a baseball cap and sneakers – bright red goes really well with black!
Hope these outfits showed you that you can definitely go all-black-errything and be imaginative too! Keep checking back on the blog every week for more style inspiration. Follow us on Instagram for our latest updates and catch all the behind the scenes fun on Snapchat! (follow here).